Monday, November 17, 2008

The audacity of hope

Hope... I still have it.

I hope that I will be left alone.
I hope that my family will be left alone.
I hope that my hobbies will be left alone.
I hope that my meager salary will be left alone.

I hope for success.
I hope for the success of others.
I hope for the success of others that dare to try.

I hope for failure.
I hope for the failure of those that would spend their day suckling on the teat instead of going out fucking doing something with their lives.
I hope for the failure all those whose stated and unstated goals are to meddle with my life, my family, my hobbies, my success, and they success of others.

My final hope is that enough people will have enough foresight and common sense to agree with me and prevent the lunacy from taking hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment